Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bottom Skins of Wings

With this section, the wings are completed! 

I have been saying that the wings are PRETTY MUCH completed for about a year now, so it feels pretty good to finally say that they actually ARE completed. 

I have mixed feelings about whether I would do the wings slow build again - since Vans does have a quickbuild option for them.  On one hand, I learned a lot about how the parts fit together and how the fuel tanks are assembled, but on the other hand it was a ton of drilling, deburring, and riveting. 

I did order the quickbuild fuselage since it is just a hunk of metal without any moving parts.  This arrives in a few weeks and then we are going to hit the ground hard with a final push to finish this project by the summer time. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment